Friday, February 8, 2013

Book Suggestions

As part of my New Year's Resolution I have been trying to read more lately. And I can happily say I have been successful at this so far. Here's a review of the two most recent novels I've read.

I read What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty, which was our February pick for my Book Club. I really enjoyed it. I would describe it as a semi-romantic comedy, but with a more serious plot than most romantic comedies. It had funny parts, but also very serious parts to it. It was an easy read that had an interesting storyline which kept my interest.

After finishing that book I read Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio. It is a murder mystery that had a plot unlike any other I've ever read. I loved it! It was definitely a sad book, but the storyline was very intriguing and kept you guessing til the very end.

I would highly recommend both of these books to anyone looking for something new to read. Sarah Jio has three novels out and I have also read her first novel The Violets of March, which was also a mystery novel. I enjoyed it as well, but Blackberry Winter surpassed it by a long shot.

Also on my reading list I plan to read:

1.      Best Kept Secret, by Amy Hatvany
2.      Where We Belong, by Emily Giffin
3.      Sweet Tooth, by Ian McEwan
4.      The Middlesteins, by Jami Attenberg
5.      Open House, by Elizabeth Berg
6.   Where’d You Go Bernadette, by Maria Semple
7.   Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn

These last two books, Where'd You Go Bernadette and Gone Girl, have gotten rave reviews and been highly recommended so I am anxious to dig into them. Have you read anything good lately? If you have any suggestions please let me know, I'm always looking for something new to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment