Sunday, January 13, 2013

I May Have a Slight Problem...

Ok confession time: I may have a slight shopping problem when it comes to buying clothes for Sophie. Its just that little girl clothes are soo cute and she looks so adorable in everything! Plus, she grows so fast I have to keep stocked up on larger sizes because you never know when she'll have a growth spurt and outgrow her current wardrobe, which is a problem we're facing right now.

Recently her 12 month clothes have gotten tight. Some shirts are too short and some of her pants won't button. So being the great momma I am I quickly went shopping and got her several 18 month outfits. Unfortunately, they are a little big. But, I want her to be comfortable and I'm sure its much more comfortable for her to wear something that's a little big than something that's a little tight. And I know it won't be a week or two and the new outfits will fit her perfectly.

Not helping my little shopping habit is the fact that I like to get a deal. And when I find things so cheap it's hard to say no! I shop for clothes during out of season times to get deals on things she'll need for upcoming months. I've been shopping a head of time for spring and summer clothes, and have done really well. I've gotten some great deals in stores and online. (I've found I love the convenience of online shopping, plus they run a lot of specials online.) I've scored some awesome stuff from Gymboree, Crazy 8, Old Navy and Zulily.

So far I've lucked out buying her stuff in advance. Everything has fit her that I've purchased early. However, I draw the line at buying her things a year in advance. I was tempted to buy her a coat for next winter because it was super cheap, but I feel like I really won't know for sure what size she'll be wearing a year from now, especially with her unpredictable growth spurts.

With all this being said I really don't let myself get too carried away. I try to keep to a budget, rarely ever buy anything full price, shop mainly sale racks, and always keep in mind what items does she really need/will actually wear when I'm shopping. Also my shopping for her has basically replaced shopping for myself. Momma rarely gets anything new these days, which is fine with me.

After all of my recent shopping all Sophie is going to need for spring and summer is a few pairs of shorts and some jammies, everything else is taken care of. So tell me, does anyone else have a little shopping habit too? I know I can't be the only one!

This is what I've bought so far, minus a few more items I ordered online that I'm still waiting on to arrive. But hey now she's set for spring and summer!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment